The Climber’s Manifesto
Here are the ten rules which form the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA) Climber’s Manifesto.
- Keep in mind the need to protect the mountain environment.
- Aspire to leave no trace on the rock face or mountain side when i climb. On bolted climbs i will respect the rock and minimize my impact, adhering to local agreements, ethics and values.
- Always carry out what i bring in.
- Respect the culture and way of life of the residents of the mountains and valleys i visit.
- Act responsibly within the culture of the society and the laws of the countries i visit.
- Climb cleanly, embrace fair play and abide by any and all anti-doping rules that relate to me and to my sport.
- Help others in need wherever practical, even if it means not reaching a summit or achieving my personal goals.
- Use certified climbing equipment and climb within my technical abilities.
- Respect other climbers i meet on the mountain, share my technical climbing knowledge, and regard their point of view.
- Climb with consideration for other climbers.